Senior Goodbye: Hannah Miller

By Hannah Miller — I cannot believe my senior year is coming to a close and that soon I will no longer be a member of GlenOak High School.

As much as we all complain about this school and some of the people who attend it, when looking at the bigger picture this place has truly been a stepping stone for all of us. It has built us, provided us with lasting memories and made us the people we are today.

Do not take me wrong, I believe that our futures hold far better things than what we think are important now but this school and the education that we received is what will springboard us towards those “better things”.

I have been actively involved in just about everything GlenOak offers, from varsity sports, the choral department, National Honor Society and Teen Court, to the newspaper staff. The people I have met and the memories that derived from these organizations are something that I will remember for the rest of my life; I would not change one bit of it.

This newspaper is something that I am proud to say I am Editor-In-Chief of. I have been on staff for three years and being a part of this paper has provided me with opportunities that I never would have received from any other activity. I will miss Latenight, the staff and of course Mrs. Spano.

It is hard to believe that I will only walk through door 17 a few more times before I move on to the next chapter in my life. I will not miss the crowded hallways, the people who wear tails and ears to school and the excessive making out in the hallways. However, I will miss being just about everything else.

I will truly miss my cross country girls, the team meetings and the coaches; along with the softball girls who have made my senior season amazing.

I am forever thankful for the education I have received from GlenOak and the opportunities I have been given. I will always take with me the friendships I have built and memories I have made. This school and the past four years have made me the person I am today.

$516
$500