Binge worthy netflix shows & movies!

Ohio is on a giant self-quarantine. Schools across the state have been closed, roads are practically empty, and many are not allowed to go to work. With all of this happening at once, there is one common obstacle the average Ohio teen will face. 

Boredom. 

However, Netflix has plenty to offer during this national outbreak. Below is a list of 10 movies and TV shows waiting to be watched during the quarantine. 

#1-The Perks of Being a Wallflower. This movie follows the life of Charlie, a freshman in high school who does not have any friends and is struggling to make it through his high school career unscathed. However, after meeting the charming step-sibling duo of Sam and Patrick, along with the rest of the Wallflowers, Charlie’s world goes through the ups and downs of adolescence. All the while, this movie touches on the subjects of mental illness, LGBTQ youth, bullying, and abuse. Tissues may be needed. 

#2-The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. The Netflix original series follows the life of Sabrina Spellman, a half-mortal witch who struggles with being torn between her mortal life and immortal life. This series is packed full of twists, turns, mystery and gore. It is a wild ride on the magical side and is not for the faint-hearted. 

#3-Gilmore Girls. This classic TV series from the early 2000s is a must watch on this list. It follows the lives of the mother-daughter duo Lorelai and Rory Gilmore. They navigate life in their small Connecticut town, as well as reconnecting with Loralei’s estranged family.

#4-The 100. This CW TV series involves a post-apocalyptic environment and tracks the adventures of one group of criminal teens being used as an experiment to see if Earth is inhabitable. The series involves plenty of drama, action and gore, and is sure to keep those who watch on their toes. 

#5-The Little Prince. This Netflix Original film is filled with wisdom and imagination while exposing the pressure put on young children today to grow up too fast. It is filled with fantasy and adventure and makes for a perfect pick-me-up. 

#6-Dumplin’. This Netflix Original film goes through the life of Willowdeen Dixon, and her experience with her ex-pageant queen mother. This movie touches on the subject of body-positivity, female empowerment and shows how “everybody has a swimsuit body”. 

#7-Anne with an E. This Netflix Original series is based on the book series Anne of Green Gables written by L.M. Montgomery. It takes you through the life of a Canadian orphan and her adventures of testing societal norms and making friends. 

#8-Sierra Burgess is a Loser. This Netflix Original film touches on teenage expectations, body image, and unlikely friendships in the life of Sierra Burgess. Also known as, a loser. 

#9-Freedom Writers. Set in a racially segregated Los Angeles high school, students are told to journal about their lives by a new English teacher who is headstrong on making a difference in her class. 

#10-Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. This classic 80s movie explores the day of Ferris Bueller, a popularly beloved teen. With his friends he sets out to make the most of a fake sick day. This movie is filled with good music, pranks and a vengeful principal determined to destroy Ferris’s life. 

All shows and series listed above are only a fraction of what Netflix has to offer in our time of boredom. Do not be afraid to explore new film material. After all, what is the worst that could happen?

$516
$500