Dockus Earns Historic 100th win

In a highly contested Federal League matchup between the Lake Blue Streaks and GlenOak Eagles, the Eagles came out victorious in a 1-0 win following senior Tyson Cox’s rebound finish with seconds remaining in the first half. The Eagles had started their Federal League campaign 1-0, while their season record had improved to 3-0 for the first time in over a decade. 

Unknown by much of the team however, was that the win marked head coach Noah Dockus’ 100th victory in 12 years of coaching the program. 

“It meant a lot because it was our first Federal League game of the season,” junior captain Nick Walls said. “They beat us 2-0 the year before that, and it was just overall a competitive night. We worked all preseason for it, so it was just exciting to be a part of his 100th win.”  

Celebrations ensued following the match, when the significance of the victory became apparent. 

“First reaction is just that you are excited that you won against a Federal League opponent that you lost to the past couple of years,” Dockus said. “I guess it didn’t hit me about the 100th win until two seconds later when the coaches jumped on me, and then all of the players jumped in.” 

With a long and competitive season ahead, the team looks to build off of this milestone and compete with other top teams not only in the Federal League, but on a regional and state level. 

$516
$500