Senior Goodbye: Megan Deierling

By Megan Deierling — Looking back at the four years I have been in high school makes me realize just how fast those four years went and how incredible the journey has been. I would not have been able to make it through the years without my family, friends and teachers.

It is amazing how much learning you can do in high school that does not take place in the classroom and the number one thing I learned is that there will always be someone to pick you up when you are down.

There have been times over the years where I have found myself stuck in a rough patch due to being overwhelmed by homework and projects. Although I was stressed at times, I always had someone to help me get through with my head held high. With this support, I never worried whether or not I would be successful until the day I get my diploma.

Some advice for students who still have quite a ways to go before graduating, the good times always outweighed the bad times in high school. I know there would be times where I could not motivate myself or I had too much on my plate but there were times that could not have been happier. The memories such as performing sold out shows in drama class and being inducted into National Honor Society are things that made me extremely happy and glad that I stuck through some hardships.

Taking a look back is difficult to do right now because it is such a bittersweet feeling knowing that I will be graduating. That may be exciting but I will not see my friends as much because we will depart our own ways. Regardless, I am proud of them for going and doing what they want to do and I am also proud of myself for getting this far without backing down. High school sure has been a journey and I am exceptionally pleased that I took it.

$516
$500