Senior Goodbye: Jack Zink

By Jack Zink — A couple of years ago, I was thinking about what I wanted to do in my future. I knew it had to be revolved around sports but I did not know a way that I could do that without actively participated in the sports.

During my sophomore year, I took a journalistic writing class at the school and saw joy in the journalism field. After talking to Mrs. Spano about joining newstaff, she had told me that they needed sports writers for the paper as most of them were graduating at the end of the year. I signed up for Newstaff the following year and it was one of the best decisions I could of ever made.

While writing for the newspaper, I have interviewed the likes of NBA player Kosta Koufos, Pro Football Hall of Famer Dan Dierdorf and sports agent Eugene Lee. Interviewing these people has helped shown me what it is like to talk with professional athletes and other peoples with sports.

Writing for the newspaper has not only been good for being involved actively around the school, it has made an impact on future in a positive way, as I am attending Ohio University to major in Broadcast Journalism. The decision has allowed me to choose what I want to do early in my high school career, in return making decision on where to go to college an easier one than had I not known what I wanted to do.

Finding the niche involved with writing for the newspaper and being involved with sports is great, as it allows me to be involved with sports while also doing something I deeply enjoy.

News staff was more than just another class for me, it was the foundation for what hopefully is a future in the field of journalism that I plan to carry out throughout the rest of my life.

$516
$500