Senior Goodbye: Arianna Likouris

By Arianna Likouris — It is crazy how fast these last four years of high school have flown by. It seems like yesterday I was a freshman, walking around the halls thinking I was cool, when in reality I was a human fashion disaster. No, I do not regret it. If there is one thing that I can owe to this school, it is helping me to find my place. Now being a senior, I look back to everything I have done here. I realize that all things happen for a reason. Little disappointments do not even matter now, because they left room for better things.

I discovered a lot of things I had no idea that I could do. My loves for art, singing and journalism grew throughout these discoveries I made throughout my high school years. Even though I may not be the best in the world, I realize that it does not matter, as long as I still love doing what I do.

I look back and realize that even though there were a lot of stressful times, my high school memories will always be one of the best ones I will have. The good memories always outweighed the bad and it is sad to think I am never going to be walking in these hallways as a student ever again. I realize now that I have it easy here, and that soon enough, I am going out into “the real world.”

Now everything is going to change. I will no longer be a high school student. I will no longer be living at home. I will be starting a whole other life in a whole other world. I am a bit scared but it is time to start my life as a responsible adult.

I realize now that the social aspects do not matter, what matters is that I tried my very best and look back and see that I took every opportunity I could. Compared to my freshmen year, I believe that I have grown a significant amount. And well…so has my “individuality”.

Goodbye GlenOak. As much as I say that you really annoy me and make me want to rip my hair out sometimes, I can say that I will always remember the great times I have had here. Most importantly though, I will cherish all the things I have learned: perseverance, confidence, and patience. Yeah…definitely patience.

$516
$500