Opinion: Skymax does not match student expectations

By Ra’Venn Downing — Skymax Arena has been dubbed the new fun thing to do in Canton. Skymax features 11,000 square ft. of trampolines offering open jump, basketball, dodgeball, volleyball and sky-in airbags. A participant can literally jump off the walls. How would not that be a fun time?

Skymax promises fun for all ages; I had fun, but not as much as I thought I would.

First there are many conditions you have to meet before you begin the fun. Before even going to Skymax you have to check for availability online, purchase your ticket and sign a waiver which does not particularly take very long. It is just something that has to be done prior to going.

If you are under the age of 18 a parent or legal guardian must complete and sign the waiver and submit it online.

It is understandable why you must do all of this first but it is a bit annoying to have to fill out so much paperwork to have fun.

Skymax has a great system of safety rules and precautions but they make you spend money on unnecessary things. For example, you have to buy their special made socks for $1.50 or jump barefoot.

I opted to buy the socks. Most people do. After the initial ticket price of $11, these extra expenses seem to add up quickly.

Once I arrived at Skymax I was impressed by the size. It was one huge connected trampoline. I could bounce off the walls if I wanted.

It was a great place to bring out my inner kid as I jumped and flipped off the walls landing in foam pits. I felt like I was back in elementary school. Workers were at each station monitoring what patrons were doing. However, as soon as my fun began my turn was done. The hour long session went way too fast.

One downfall to Skymax is the pricing is unreasonable. Monday -Thursday for 30 minutes it is $8, one hour is $11 and an hour and a half is $17.

Moreover, the hour goes by extremely fast. You know what they say, time flies when you’re having fun. On the weekends it is $8 for 30 minutes and $13 for the full hour. There is no option for an hour and a half.

If there are 10 people in your group you can save $1 off admission prices if you buy your tickets together.

The other downfall to Skymax is there is 75 -100 people going in to jump at the same time. It is too crowded and you cannot do everything you want in that hour because you have to wait in lines.

I had no problem with safely jumping with all of those people, it was just annoying. There were so many people were around me and I could not do all of the activities I had paid $11 to do.

Skymax was a fun experience. I will go again one day and would recommend going to others. My advice is if you have not gone yet wait until the hype dies down and not as many people are going. Also make a group reservation to save money.

$516
$500