Academic Challenge

By Kelsee Mckee — The academic challenge team competed on News Channel 5’s Academic Challenge on Oct. 5 against other schools in the state.

Academic Challenge is a high school quiz program throughout Ohio. The show consists of high school students competing against each other answering very challenging questions.

The team included three students, two seniors and a sophomore plus the team’s adviser.

Matthew Brown, teacher and adviser of the team says he is pleased with the whole on the way the team competed and how well they did.

“They missed a two questions that likely they should’ve known, but overall, I’m quite pleased. One student on the Charles F. Brush High School team made 90% of that team’s effort, so in effect, GlenOak lost not to Charles F. Brush H.S., but rather one and only one student,” Brown said.

Colin Svatos, a senior says that he really enjoyed the experience of the competition. Even though Svatos was really hoping for first place in the competition he is pleased that they still took second.

“The competition was really good this year and I know me and my team enjoyed the whole experience so I don’t mind that we placed where we did,” Svatos said.

Paige Hamsher, a sophomore says she thought it was a really cool and great learning experience as a whole.

“I had a great time, I love a challenge and even though we lost I’m glad I got to be a part of such an awesome thing and represent GlenOak,” Hamsher said.

When asked what Hamshers favorite part was she replied by saying how cool she thought it was to see how things got filmed and actually being on T.V

“It is a little sad we couldn’t come home with a win, but I know we all did our best,” Hamsher said.

$516
$500