NHS prepares for boo at school

By Grace Breedlove — NHS is putting on the annual Boo at the school, located at the high school where community members can come and enjoy fun fall activities on Oct. 30, from 5 p.m to 7 p.m.

The event is mostly funded by NHS, but sometimes donations are received. Boo at the school has a lot of activities planned, including arts and crafts, book readings, games, trick-or-treating and a costume fashion show.

A lot of preparation goes into this event. This year, the estimated turnout is about 1000 people. With all the people the event brings in, it makes for a great Halloween with fun activities for all ages. All NHS members are required to bring a bag of candy and to help out at the event. “Boo at the school is a very family orientated activity. It not only brings in children from the community, but it also allows our students to make connections with students from other schools,” NHS member Nathan Bladyes said.

This event is a safe way for children and family members of all ages to trick-or-treat throughout the school and have a great experience.

Boo at the school has been ran by Palmer and NHS for seven years; each year a committee of selected representatives and Palmer are in charge of the preparation and planning. In past years, there has been a haunted room where the public could try to walk through the dark, a science room where you could play bingo games and act like real scientists, and the activities that have stayed the same. Trick-or-treating is the highlight of the event for some. In the lower B,C and D commons you can walk through the hallways and classrooms and receive candy.

“We run out of candy every year,” NHS president Mianna Schut said.

$516
$500