Boys golf ends their season

By Zach Curiale — As the boys´ golf team wrap up another season on the greens, the Eagles have not had the season they expected.

The Boys Varsity Golf team this season was made up of the following players; Avery Villard, Andrew Frank, Tyler Micco, Steven Shalenberger, Dylan Covert, Gavin Buckley, Andrew Skolmutch, Xander Neading, Nathan Tyler, Justin Hurst, Dylan Wayt, Branden ball, and Evan Norris. All led by Head Coach Gary Zeigler and assistant coach Greg McClellan.

“The season was okay, we have only won two matches,” Hogan said. “The lowest shot this year was a 338 and our average was 316” Senior varsity golfer Brian Hogan said.

The boys have yet to take on the Federal League in the League meet. They think they can do pretty well considering the not so good season season so far. The team has been working hard on improving.

Varsity golfer Dylan Covert is one of the only sophomores on varsity. He has been doing very well according to other varsity golfers.

“We are a very young team with two sophomores on the team and more juniors than seniors,” Hogan said. “I think being such a young team has affected the season by having inexperience”

The eagle’s season was played at varying courses. They have played at Sanctuary, The Legends, the Alliance Country Club, Wooster Country Club, Oak Knolls, Twin Lakes and Tannenhauf. All equally challenging courses.

As the Eagles swing their way into the back nine of the season, they want to end on a good note. The season so far according to the team members has not been as good as expected. Having a young team and only two seniors has definitely affected the outcome of the season according to the seniors. The golfers are expecting to come out of the last tournament better than they have done the whole season.

“The lowest that was shot on our team was an 84, we are hoping to do better than that in this tournament,” Hogan said.

The golfers are shooting for under par for the last holes of the season and predict to do just that even with having a season what was not up to par and a young and inexperienced team. The Eagles are up for a challenge.

$516
$500