This years 9th grade food drive

By Matt Hallas, Staff Writer — This year’s annual freshman food drive comes one of the highest non-perishable food collections the school has ever seen. These items are first given to Little Flower Church, then the church gives the food to local food pantries and families in need.

“Before we donated the items, the food pantry was almost empty. When we delivered the food we were informed that all the food raised would feed families for months,” teacher Susan Barry said.

All four freshman communities combine raised 2,599 items toward the cause. With their slogan, “Take a bite out of hunger,” a competition began. All four communities had a competition to see how many cans each could raise. The winner receives an in school pizza party.

The competition was extremely close according to Barry. Community three raised 724 items, and the STEM community raised 1050 items.

“All of the freshman class did very well and we are thrilled with our number of items raised. I appreciate what our communities have done and are proud of them,” Barry said.

This year’s food drive was a huge success and will help many in the community.

$516
$500