High School of Business gives back

By Jacob Wilson, Staff Writer — On Nov. 5, students of the GlenOak High School of Business along will over 30 other volunteers assisted members of Plain Local with fall clean up.

From 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., students were volunteering around Plain Local raking leaves for those who need a helping hand. In exchange, they gave canned goods for the Neighbors in Need program at Grace United Methodist Church.

Residents in Plain local could have been placed on a list for the student to help by calling and reserving a spot.

The High School of Business advertised on multiple social media platforms as well as advertising it out in the community to get the word out about their cause.

¨So many people in our community have made a great sacrifice to ensure our students have the best experience possible. We want to say thank you to them for their support and help feed people in our community,” teacher Amanda deFayes said.

¨I think as students we are obligated to give back to the Residents of Plain Local because they have given us so much and we need to repay them for that. The Neighbors in Need program is Such a great opportunity to give back in a way that not many people expect,” senior Jake Nelson said.

$516
$500