Ping Pong Club searching for competiton

Ping Pong Club searching for competiton

Aside from clubs such as Student Council and Key Club, GlenOak has a lesser known, but certainly not less enjoyable, club, Ping Pong Club.

Ping Pong club was started in the winter of the 2015-2016 school and has been going consistently since then. The founding members of the club were alumni Mackenzie McCartney and Donald Slomsky. Physics teacher Nathan Bodenschatz is the adviser of the club.

“They wanted to get something started, and I love to play (ping pong) so it just worked out.” Bodenschatz said.
The club meets two times a week on Wednesdays and Fridays from 3 to 4 p.m. in the upstairs hallway outside the commons by the main gym. The club is free to participate in and anyone can join, no prior skills are needed. While this club is laid back and fun-oriented, competition may be in the club’s near future.

Bodenschatz has been in contact with the Ping Pong club adviser at Jackson High School, and they are currently working on setting up a tournament between the two schools this winter. The tournament is scheduled for mid-December, but if that is unable to happen, they will be setting one up for mid-January. This tournament would be a friendly competition between the two clubs.

$516
$500