Precautions of COVID-19

Gyms, theatres, restaurants, schools and many more places are closing down to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Along with the mandatory closings some other places have also taken precautions. Businesses have limited their hours of service or they have cancelled many events. 

Many businesses have been affected by the gathering restrictions of certain amounts of people. Mike DeWine has banned gatherings of over 50 with Donald Trump advising no gatherings of over 10. They are using these precautions to help prevent the spread through mass amounts of people. Tammy Moorehead, owner of The Canton Marketplace had to postpone many events due to this. 

“My business is event organizing and hosting, so with the Governor’s executive order banning gatherings of now more than 10 people, my business has had to completely shut down” Moorehead said. “We have had to postpone more than 12 events, and with the uncertainty of when the ban will be lifted, we cannot reschedule our events just yet until we know more.”

Not only have businesses had to close, but many bigger churches have switched to having their services online. They are taking some precautions in trying to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Jared Weimer, an elder at Faith Bible Church, talked about what precautions they have taken to prevent it. 

“COVID-19 has impacted the Faith Bible Church in several ways. First, it has caused us to totally rethink how we “do church” for the time being.” Weimer said. “Last week we moved our worship service entirely to live stream and cancelled all other official church activities for the time being until we make a final decision going forward about our corporate worship services and other activities.”

Weimer then went on to talk about how they have been helping the community through this tough time. 

“Plain Local Schools have already reached out to us about providing some meals for families over spring break since government funding does not provide that over the break. This will show the community we care about them and are not afraid to go out and serve despite all that is happening.”

Some restaurants have also taken more precautions than what was mandated by the state. Some restaurants only have their drive-thru open while some have it to where you can come in and order then leave. Some restaurants have taken more precaution than others. Pav’s Creamery is now offering delivery because of the closings. Along with restaurants, some retail stores have changed their hours. The Belden Village Mall have changed their hours to 12 p.m to 7 p.m. Along with that, all Macy’s nationwide are closing for 2 weeks.  

Not only have stores been impacted but hair salons, dentists, orthodontists and some doctor offices have closed due to trying to prevent the spread. This really shows the precautions many people are taking during this tough time. 

-How has COVID-19 affected your business?

“My business is event organizing and hosting, so with the Governor’s executive order banning gatherings of now more than 10 people, my business has had to completely shut down. We have had to postpone more than 12 events, and with the uncertainty of when the ban will be lifted, we cannot reschedule our events just yet until we know more.” -Tammy Morehead, owner of The Canton Marketplace

“Covid-19 has impacted Faith Bible Church in several ways. First, it has caused us to totally re-think how we “do church” for the time being. Last week we moved our worship service entirely to live stream and cancelled all other official church activities for the time being until we make a final decision going forward about our corporate worship services and other activities. 

It has also forced us to think about the question, what is the greater good for Faith Bible Church at this time? Is it to follow all the government mandates and suggestions and show the community that we are taking precautions to protect both our congregation and the community? Or, is it to demonstrate that we value our eternal relationship with God more than our physical well being? These are difficult questions that each church must face. For now we are wrestling through this and have not made a final decision.

Lastly, it has already given our church opportunities to serve the community in different ways. Plain Local Schools has already reached out to us about providing some meals for families over spring break since government funding does not provide that over the break. This will show the community we care about them and are not afraid to go out and serve despite all that is happening.”

$516
$500