How to cope with COVID-19

Pictured above: Game of Monopoly

Have you been cooped up in your house for weeks without anything to do? This is the life of Americans today, stacked with piles of work and continuous arguments with their families.

The Covid-19 pandemic that is facing our world today has forced Ohio to put a stay-at home-order in place. This has made life tough for many people as it has created additional stress levels. 

“During quarantine there is a lot of additional stress because of all this work that I have to do for school and I can’t calm down because the gyms are closed so it is making it worse,” sophomore Arjun Bhatia said. 

For students, going online has been a struggle for many. There is no distinction between school and home plus more work has been introduced by the teachers since the students are not physically in school. 

“With quarantine going on for weeks I have gone stir crazy and I miss the separation between school and home, which is adding to my stress,” sophomore Adam Johnson said. 

This pandemic has caused extra tension that is not good for the mind or body. Make sure to take some time out of the day to relieve the tension during this pandemic. 

According to VerywellMind some very helpful tips to relieve stress during this time are establishing routines, being active as possible, communicating with others, staying informed and remembering why you are doing this.

This pandemic has put many families all together in close proximity. For many, having family all together can be stressful, however, make the best of it by spending time with them. 

“During this period I have begun cooking every other day for my family and working out almost every day. With the downtime, I have begun playing board games with my family and practicing my sport,” Johnson said. 

Some of the most daunting aspects of quarantine can be the interruption of the usual everyday activities. This can leave people feeling directionless as they try to figure out how to fill all the hours of the day. Start by beginning a new quarantine routine but don’t make it too tight, leaving room to decompress. 

“I have started a new routine of waking up and making coffee instead of going to Starbucks to buy it and I would recommend to take the time to relax and start new things you wouldn’t normally do,” sophomore Gracie Dyer said. 

In all, during this time make the most of this situation and find ways to relieve the additional stress this pandemic has created. 

$516
$500