It’s Britney: The Woman In Me

Review of Britney Spears’ recently released book ‘The Woman In Me’
+Britney+Spears%2C+Carson%2C+California+on+May+11%2C+2013+-+Photo+by+Glenn+Francis+Wikimedia+commons
Photo by Glenn Francis Wikimedia commons
Britney Spears, Carson, California on May 11, 2013 – Photo by Glenn Francis Wikimedia commons

Britney Spears, queen of the 2000s, was forced to live a life most similar to a child after being put into her conservatorship. Told to act perfect, Spears was only a shell of herself for many years. Now a former example of a living puppet, she’s able to point out the faults of others and what really happened. 

In 2008, Spears said in her MTV Special, “Britney: For the Record,” that she’d come out with an amazing book one day. Its name would be The Woman in Me, telling us mass amounts of secrets and uncovering the truth. On October 27, 2023, the book received a lot of attention, fastly selling 1.1 million copies in the U.S. alone in its first week, including print sales, ebooks and audiobooks. 

The book walks through Spears’ earliest and most memorable moments having the twist of being both playful and scarring. In a house down in Kentwood, Louisiana, fights between two parents would commonly occur at the deepest of nights. A  young Spears would try to defuse the situation, telling her mom to stop yelling at her drunk dad, just so that she’s able to sleep. 

Throughout the length of this book, it’s proved to be insightful. It gave private details of Spears’ life, saying that she had a steady decline after 2002. It was mainly because of the crushing weight of the repercussions of fame and the relationship she had with Justin Timberlake coming to an end. Adding to it the shock of an abortion of her and Timberlake’s child. 

The Woman in Me has already been deemed as one of the most successful celebrity memoirs ever. People are desperately searching for this book. It’s ebook version on itunes has officially been sold out and has been at #1 in the UK for two weeks, breaking a record for the publisher. 

Reading time being five hours, The Woman in Me goes to show the amount of conflict Spears, a star like no other, had to go through. To the forced performances, drug intake and to the threats that were made, she’s a seriously strong person, finally being able to find the woman in her after all these difficult years. 

$516
$500