Health Tech teachers relocating for next school year

By Daisy Tsaftarides — The Plain Local School District has seen many changes over the past few years. As the year comes to a close teachers start to announce whether they will be coming back to the district next year, or if they will be relocating and moving on.

Health tech is a three-year career tech program offered to sophomores, juniors and seniors. It provides background on the medical field and sports training.

Health Tech teacher, and Trainer Sally Manning and Pat Robbins announced that they will not be returning for the 2012-2013 school year.

“Teaching at GlenOak taught me how to laugh at myself,” Manning said. “I get so much pleasure out of teaching the students here. I love their humor, insight and energy. The staff here is excellent (with distinction). Having worked at another school for a year, I know this to be true.”

Manning will be relocating due to her husband, who is a college football coach.

Manning taught in the district from 2006-2010 and then came back to teach the 2011-2012 school year, which gave her a total of five years. Robbins was new to the district.

Robbins who is an alumni will be going back to graduate school.

“I worked hard to get my degree in Athletic Training, so I wanted to take a year off to get experience in the field,” Robbins said. “I had a great experience here and met a lot of new people.”

The health tech program and athletic programs will undergo changes for the upcoming school year by being presented with a new instructor and trainer.

$516
$500