May Show 2012 “Fantasy Island”

By Arianna Likouris — On May 24, 25 and 26 the GlenOak choral department will perform the annual May Show.

May Show 2012’s theme this year will be “Fantasy Island”, based on the original television show, that was popular in the 1970s. Just like the series, Mr. Roarke, played by junior Josh Boerner, and his assistant, Tattoo, will welcome guests onto the island to help make their lifelong dreams come true.

“In our version, each choir will represent a different guest’s fantasy. Some of the fantasies are: to be a rock star, to be king for a day and to be a sports celebrity,” said choir director Brian Kieffer. Kieffer, alongside choir director Mary Meese, will be directing their 22nd annual May Show this year together.

Every concept of the show, from the storylines to the choreography, is the original work of both directors. Along with the medleys, the show will also include video sequences to go along with the storyline, as well as the traditional solos sung by certain seniors.

In addition, this year’s May Show will be dedicated to Michael Tovissi, a student in the choral department who was just diagnosed with leukemia, and will not be able to participate in the show this year.

“We need to make this year’s May Show the best production we’ve ever had. Not just for ourselves and our directors, but for Michael as well,” Nadina Haiduc said. Haiduc is a junior in the GlenOak Chorale this year.

Both the choirs and the directors have been working nonstop since April 11 to put together their choreography and vocals during rehearsals in class and after school.

Ticket reservation forms can be found in the main office or on www.plainlocal.org. To order tickets ahead of time, reservation forms are due no later than Tuesday, May 22nd by 2 p.m .to either. Kieffer or the main office. All seats are $8 each.

All shows will begin at 7 p.m. each night.

$516
$500