Drama to produce Our Town

By Amber Duncan — Imagine a picture perfect American town that is small and quaint. Everyone knows each other’s “dirty” business. There is no hiding it from this town.

“Casting for this performance was tough. Do to all of the talented students in this year’s senior class,” drama teacher Carla Derr said.

This year’s senior class has been working hard together and they help each other out when it comes to memorizing lines or coming up with the different costumes needed for the play.

“There are many hectic rehearsals but everything is running on schedule,” Derr said. “As of now, things are running as planned and everyone is working very hard to get everything perfect for the fast approaching performance.”

This production is different than previous productions. When one goes to see a play there is normally the set, lights and sound effects. In this performance, however, there is little to no set. The audience will rely heavily on their imaginations and the sound and lighting effects.

“It’s different, but very cool,” student director Victoria Custer said. This will be the first performance that will be using the sky cloth.

Sky cloth is a big piece of cloth and is being used as a special effects prop which wraps around the whols stage.

“This play is the perfect performance to end my many fun years in the drama department,” senior Nathaniel Brumbaugh said. Brumbaugh is playing the lead male role, George Gibbs.

This year’s Drama IV is bigger than last years and has performed together for four years.

“The play is really fun, but I will be glad when it’s over because it will be a relief to know that we’ve completed our final show,” senior Matthew Conley said. Conley plays one of the male leads of Mr. Gibbs.

The cast is working hard to make this play a work of art and they hope that, like many others, this show will sell out.

The production of “Our Town” will be taking place in the Black Box Oct. 24 at 9 a.m. and Oct. 25 at 7 p.m. Tickets will be $5 per person.

$516
$500