Girls’ golf ends season 11-3

By Samuel Bournelis — The varsity girls’ golf team began their season games in early August. As they continued to progress throughout the season, practicing and playing more, they ended the season with a 11-3 record.

Girls’ golf has two teams, JV and Varsity. The varsity this year began training hard in preparation of its first game, Aug. 8 at the Sanctuary. The team faced many challenges and despite the hardships, varsity not only ended the season with a 11-3 record, but even had a 3-1 record at the Federal League.

“I am very proud of my girls. Yes, they did faced many challenges. There’s always going to be issues in your way to reaching a goal,” head coach Linda Kubilus said. “As for golf, the major challenge we face is the whether.”

Kubilus said the team’s hardest game was against Jackson. Alongside the weather being an issue for the team, the girls schedules were an issue. The girls had outside commitments they had to attend which sometimes got in the way with their golf practices or games. Kubilus said that it was difficult for all the girls to be together at the same time.

“I have a few girls who are in band. Others had some family things they had to attend,” Kubilus said. “Things don’t always go the way you plan them to be.”

The varsity has six total players. Two seniors, two juniors and two sophomores.

“All of the kids have very different personalities, yet they get along so very well. Its’ interesting.” Kubilus said.

Kubilus said that some of the kids get a little more tensed than others when something doesn’t go their way in the game, but the others uplift them and help each other as they go. Each have the same goal – win and stay positive.

“It’s a team game and all the kids feel like family.” Kubilus said.

$516
$500