Girls and boys bowling looking forward to great seasons

By Kyle Thomas and Savanah Donnelly, Staff Writers — Girls and boys bowling teams started their 2016-17 season on Nov. 7. Tryouts lasted three days: Nov. 6 through Nov. 9 and had their first practice Nov. 10. Spirits are high as both teams fight for the federal league title.

The boy’s bowling team is favored to win the Federal League for the first time in many years. There is also hope that the team will win at least one tournament. Many are speculating that the bowling team could be number one in Stark County.

“My outlook on the season is always the same, and that is to do the best that we can as a team no matter what,” senior Dylan Heaton said, as he has been to state before.

A lot of reconstruction has happened within the team. With seniors from last year leaving, freshmen have had to step up and make up for the loss.

Bowling is a team sport as well as an individual sport meaning individual bowlers can go to state as well. Personal goals for many bowlers are that if the team does not make it to state then they will on their own. Junior Brandon Ball along with Heaton are just a few of the star players that you should watch out for.

The Girls bowling team is also looking forward to a successful and fun season this year. The team is dealing with fairly new members because of the loss of senior players, similar to the boys team.

“We lost the whole Varsity team this year, except myself,” junior Sarah Reed said. “But the other girls have stepped up and are improving. It’s just a lot of fun.”

The team is young this year, but they do not let that discourage them. They have put in lots of hard work so far and will keep putting in the work until the season is over. Reed hopes that the team’s hard work will pay off and they will make it to states.

“We are just going to get better as the season goes on and there will be lots of improvement for everyone,” sophomore Abby Tripp said.

The bowling team hopes that the 2016-2017 season will be successful. They have their first match on Dec. 5 against Green High School.

$516
$500